Tuesday, September 11, 2012

All about myself

Self Intro
My name is Zengfang Lin and you can call me Lilo. I am a Chinese student currently studying in New York University (NYU) and majoring in TESOL (not lead to a state certification). I completed my undergraduate study in Beijing Language and Culture University (BLCU) in Beijing, China majoring in English.

I come from a small city named Dali in Yunnan Province in the southwest of China. My hometown is famous for its nature beauty of lakes and mountains as well as the rich Bai ethnic group cultures. I belong to Bai ethnic Group which is one of 56 ethnic groups in China. Bai people speak Bai language which is different from Mandarin in the sound and words order. People from other ethnic groups may not be able to understand this language. Unfortunately, with more and more young people leave Dali to find jobs in metropolitans, Bai language, a language that only can be passed down orally, becomes an endangered language. I am trying my best to learn as much as I can from my mother now. It is not only for the preservation of my ethnic group language, but also for the possibilities to teach Bai young people English in school if I will teach back in my hometown. 

I have been an intern teacher in an English tutoring school teaching speaking and listening for secondary school students for one month in China and I am doing my internship in American Language Institute for level 1 international students now. My passion about teaching and learning languages makes my goal to be an English teacher in the future. I am planning to be an ESL teacher in New York City or to be an English college teacher back in China after graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment