Friday, September 21, 2012

Open Culture--website links


http://www.openculture.com/
This website does not only offer links of 530 online courses that covers most of the college subjects, but also offer the links of 450 audio books, 500 online movies, 375 ebooks, and 160 textbooks. It seems that there are tons of information here, no matter they are authentic or language adapted learning materials for learners to use. People have the different interets or focuses can find their cups of tea to learn what they want through online courses or YouTube.


On this website, it separates the Language Lessons into a single link tab in which 40 languages can be learned online. As an English teacher, I look more on the English learning part and to see what can I use in my future teaching. Under the category of English, there are subcategories that related to the different focuses of learning English, such as English speaking, business English, English Grammar, etc. Those links will guide the learners to different websites to find the online courses or the audios for them to learn the language. One website that I find interesting and useful is the BBC learning English. It was recommended by one of my college teacher, but I did not have a chance to view this website in detail until now. If I were the teacher, I would recommended it to my students.
This website can be used as a guide website for self-learners to find the online sources to learn courses and it also can help teachers to find more possible teaching materials to enrich the teaching in the classroom.





No comments:

Post a Comment