Sunday, September 16, 2012

PREZI--Zooming to the point!



                                                                http://prezi.com/ 
When I first watched my teacher giving presentation with Prezi, I was immediately attracted by its zooming and the path showing. Then I went to the teacher after class for asking for how to make this fancy power point and at that time I just got to know that it was not a power point. It is a software for making zooming presentation named Prezi.

Students' attention is very essential in teaching and learning. Its zooming and moving function can attract students attention when it is used in the classroom. People like new and special things. Prezi can offer a new and special leaning experience for students in learning. Students will be excited waiting for what's next and they will pay fully attention to the information that is zooming, which is helpful in memorizing. Prezi presentation also is a path-leading one, which can give students lesson in a linear story style. It will be very useful in teaching younger students who needs more interesting things to keep them in seat. 

It is very necessary for teacher to have the big picture of the lesson as well as the details in mind. Prezi successfully helps teacher to have a bird view of the lesson and also have a zooming focus on every details. It is also helpful for adult students when they finish one unit study and they can see what kind of learning path they have taken and what's the purpose of this unit, which can help them to build a foundation of controlling and mastering their learning process. 

As many of my friends said, the only problem with using Prezi is the dizziness that caused by too much fast zooming. My solution to this problem will be offering more information in each slide, don't make two zooming slides too far away from each other and put the related information together. 

I really enjoy watching and using Prezi and I am surely will use it in my classroom of teaching English or use it to show  my trip in US to my friends. : D

No comments:

Post a Comment