Friday, November 9, 2012

Schoology

             http://www.schoology.com/home
Course Management System is a very useful technology tool in teaching and learning, no matter in which subjects. I have never used a CMS before I came to the States. In China, the only technology that we use to hand in papers is email. When I first time used the a CMS in to find the information of a course, I was shocked and surprised by the usefulness and convenience of it. 
Schoology is one of CMS that is used by many schools whose teachers find that it is useful, impressive and easy to be adopted. It provides a comparing chart among the major course management systems: Moodle, BlackBorad, Schoology, Edmodo, which fully shows the advantages of Schoology. Its facebook format may attract many FB fans to use it as a CMS. They can feel fun to like someone's idea in academic area. 
By signing up as an instructor, the tour will guide you to know more about how to use it, which I found very useful and convenient. I like it offer different colors of the events on calendar, which is very attractive for me who is a visual learner. 
You also can expend your network through facebook, twitter and gmail.  By choosing the school that you teach, you can find your groups and invite your colleagues into Schoology to share this useful technology tool. 
In Resource part, there are many different education resources shared by different instructors. You can find the resource that you want by filter them by subject, type, level, format and rates and then you can add them into your resource and download them for your teaching use. 

Schoology also is available in App Store now. Teachers and students can download the app in their smart device and check any post, discussions, homework and take tests. In its app center section, it also offers many popular used educational apps for instructors to download. 
http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/GoAnimate-Now-Live-in-the-Schoology-App-Center-1716010.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment