Friday, November 23, 2012

Study Jams


http://studyjams.scholastic.com/studyjams/index.htm
In our second 3 minutes demonstration lesson class, I learned a very interesting website from my classmates. It's called Study Jams. It is a website offer animated videos of teaching fundamental knowledge of math and science in English.

There are four major roles in the animation and they will explain and teach the learners different aspects in the field of math and science with the visual tools.
By watching the video, learners can find the key words list below and they also can click the bottom "Test yourself" to try to test what you learned from the video you just watched by answering 7 multiple choose questions.

It is a very good website for students to learn English through content area in through K-12. They can learn English and other subjects together. With the animation characters to explain the knowledge in an interesting way, they may have the motivation to keep watching and learning. It also can be beneficial for international students who is going to take TOEFL test which contains many long readings and lectures about different subjects. By watching and learning from the videos, test candidates can prepare themselves with the English names of different things and know how to express the process or the results in English. It would save me much time to match what I know and the English expression when I prepared for the test if I have knew this website at that time.

Every video is about 6-8 minutes short, which is very suitable for students to watch after school and learn subject and language together.  I will recommend it as a listening practice (It is sooo good that it doesn't provide subtitles) to my students who are preparing TOEFL test.

No comments:

Post a Comment